REGISTRATION AND ACCREDITATION
Quality Higher Education
Potchefstroom Academy (PTY) Ltd is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act 101 of 1997. Registration Certificate Number 2001/HE07/001. All qualifications are registered through the National Qualification Framework (NQF) at the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Get what you pay for – make sure you enroll at a legitimate institution
- By law, every private provider of higher education must be registered with the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET).
- Every qualification must be registered with SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) on the NQF (National Qualification Framework). The NQF is composed of 8 levels and levels 5, 6, 7 and 8 are higher education.
- Every higher education programme offered by a higher education provider must be accredited by the HEQC (Council of Higher Education’s Higher Education Quality Committee).
- The DHET only recognizes HEQC accreditation of higher education qualifications.
- By law, all registered private higher education providers must display a certificate of registration from the DHET.
- Look for a registration certificate in the reception area of the institution.
- If you are in any doubt, visit the DHET’s website for a register of registered institutions: http://www.education.gov.za
Potchefstroom Academy is one of only a handful of private higher education institutions in this industry that complies with these standards! Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST are recognised nationally and internationally which serve to underpin the excellent standards that are set and maintained.
Quality Further Education
SAAHST (PTY) Ltd is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training – registration number: 2009/FE07/025.
Shopping malls, sport and recreation facilities and restaurants. Safe parking is available at the residences and next to the campus.
Our staff and students are committed in giving back to the community, in particular those less fortunate than ourselves. Therefore, this forms an important part of our yearly planning.
Potchefstroom Academy is dedicated about what we do. We take pride in educating our students, ensuring they achieve the best of their ability. Our promise is to deliver quality education without prejudice to all of our students. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus to share in all that we have to offer.