AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2015: Recognition of support and service as President and hosting the 63rd CIDESCO World Congress.
- 2014 – 2015: President of South African Association of Skin and Healthcare Professionals (SAAHSP).
- 2013: International Examiner – Comite International D’ Esthetique.
- 2013: SAAHSP – Vice Chairman.
- 2013: Professional Body Coordinator.
- 2013: Serves on Potch-Tlokwe Chamber of Commerce: Education and Learning: Sub Committee.
- 2013: Certificate of Excellence: Leopards Rugby Team.
- 2013: SAAHSP 1972 – 2013: Awarded to Tina Schöltz for service to SAAHSP.
- 2012: Most Influential Woman in Business and Government. In recognition of being a winner in the Education and Training Entrepreneurial Sector.
- 2011: Other Ways International Research and Business Management Consultants (OMAC). The Golden Award for Quality and Business Prestige (Berlin Germany).
- 2010: Madison Who’s Who Historic Association Member.
- 2010: Other Ways Association, Management and Consultation – The Platinum Technology Award for Quality, Excellence and Best Trade Name given to companies from 5 continents.
- 2009: Tina Schöltz Group was awarded the BID Award. (Business Initiative Directions Award).
- 2009: APPETD Leadership Award: In recognition of exceptional Leadership in Private Education for outstanding vision, dedication and commitment to excellence.
- 2009: Century International Quality Era Gold Award during the Century International Quality ERA Celebration for Leadership Management, Quality, Best Practice and Excellence in Customer Satisfaction (Genève Switzerland – Tina Schöltz and Tina Schöltz Group: Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST).
- 2006, 2007, 2011: Madison Who’s Who honoured Tina Schöltz as a VIP member of the year of Executives and Professionals to the Business community.
- 2008: Contributions on new developments in the Beauty Industry on invitation by the Emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
- 2007: Les Novellas Esthetique Medi-Spa of the Year 2007 awarded to the Tina Schöltz Day Spa.
- 2007: Beauty Health and Skincare Employers Association, Dedication to the Profession Award.
- 1992 – 2005: Rotary Merit Award for devoted and unselfish service above self to the community (Potchefstroom).
- 2001: Potchefstroom Local Municipality, Certificate of Appreciation, Mayoral Economic Advisory Council.
- 2001 / 1997: Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education, and North-West University recognition of ten years of unselfish loyalty, co-operation and friendship.
- 1997: Business Times Money, Ernst and Young, SANLAM, SBDC Ltd., Trust Bank: the first woman to be elected as Entrepreneur of the North West Province.
- 1997: South African Council for Professional Businesswomen, Gold Awards towards Service to Women in the Workplace, Finalist.
- 1997: Simon van der Stel Foundation Certificate of Commendation.
- 1997: Sakevrou van die Jaar, Finalis – Sakevrou Vereeniging.
- 1996: Potchefstroom Sanlam /Herald Businesswoman of the Year.
- 2019: Potchefstroom Academy nominated for The Golden Award for Quality & Business Prestige.
- 2018: Potchefstroom Academy was nominated for the Europe Business Assembly Prestigious International Award in the science and education sphere.
- 2018: Wesley Wallace was elected as Non-Executive Director of APPETD.
- 2010: Sonja Wilders – finalist for APPETD Achievement Award for Quality Assurance.
- 2010: Judy Roux – APPETD Lecturer of the Year Award for outstanding Excellence in the Field of Lecturing, Training and Development.
- 2009: Ronelle van Niekerk – APPETD Innovation Award in recognition of Exceptional Innovation in Private Tertiary Education awarded for outstanding Vision, Dedication and Commitment to Innovation.
- 2009: Adrie Smal and Rita Marais: Outstanding Vision, Dedication and Commitment to Excellence – APPETD Teacher of the Year Award.
- 2008: Marie van Dyk – APPETD Teacher of the Year Award.
- 2019: Yavanee Singh got nominated as Chairperson for The Aromatherapy Association of South Africa.
- 2016: Rita Marais, our Head of Department Health Therapies, was elected as Allied Health Professions Council Member to represent the profession: Therapeutic Massage Therapy
- 2012: Department Head of Health Therapies, Dr Sharad Hansjee, was elected on the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa (AHPCSA) Professional Board. Elected as Chairperson of the AHPCSA professional board of Therapeutic Aromatherapy, Therapeutic Reflexology and Therapeutic Massage Therapy.
- Nominated on Witrand Hospital Board. Elected on Witrand Hospital Quality Control Committee.
- 2012: Yavanee Singh to serve on the AHPCSA Professional Board.
- 2018: Corné du Toit, Head of Department of Interior Decorating and Design, was elected as North-West ambassador for The African Institute of the Interior Design Professions (IID).
- 2017: Elri Bekker selected as finalist for the 12 IZITULO Design Challenge hosted by Leon at CCXIX, in conjunction with St Leger & Viney.
- 2013: Prof John Botha was invited to present a paper at the fourth Asian Conference on Arts and Humanities held in Osaka, Japan.
- 2008: Anine Wallace received two Silver and one Bronze Awards from the PPSA’s Profoto Award.
- 2007: Etienne du Preez received two Bronze Awards and one Gold Award in the Fujifilm Professional Awards.
- 2007: Anine Wallace received a Bronze Award in the Fujifilm Professional Award.
- 2007: Anine Wallace was a Portfolio Exhibitor and received a Certificate of Achievement from PIEA International Student-Teacher Photo Exhibition and Competition.
Anine Wallace: Pix Magazine, Succeed Magazine, Essential Publications (Chamber of Mines, Namibia, City of Cape Town, Eskom, Plastics Federation, Seakay, Energy, Dawn, Legacy), Finesse Plus, Design Magazine and Design Living.
Wesley Wallace: Imvelo and Sedibeng Water.
2019: Rita Marais is part of the CEP workgroup (Community of Expert Practitioners) tasked to develop the QCTO Occupational Qualification in Beauty Therapy.
2019: Martinette Cromhout serves as the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) / Service Seta North West Industry Expert.
2019: Adri Kleyn was a Creative Glamour speaker at EOHCB.
2018-2019: Martinette Cromhout & Mart-Mari Engelbrecht serve as North West members of Service Seta forum.
2015: Marilise van Wyk was registered as a Trade Test Assessor.
2015: Martinette Cromhout was registered as a Trade Test Moderator.
2012: Rita Marais serves on the Committee of the North West Employer’s Organisation for Hairdressing, Cosmetology and Beauty (EOHCB).2012: Nelson Mothupi – EOHCB annual hair competition: 2nd Place in category: Afro Ladies hairdressing.
2010: SAAHST Cosmetology City & Guilds International Exam had 100% pass rate with one candidate receiving merit: Catherine van Rooyen, received the International Professional Standards Network Certificate (IPSN), awarded by Services SETA to those in the hairdressing industry who hold the National Trade Test Certificate.
2010: Catherine van Rooyen also received the Certificate European Level B. These qualifications are recognized in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
2020: Two of our 3rd year students made the top 15 of the Something Good Studio Pattern Design competition. Dieudonné Vermeulen – top 10; Nadia de Swardt – top 15.
2019: Finalists in the DTI competition: Tiaan Badenhorst (2nd year), Deidre Barnard, Lizbe Coetzee, Nicolene Gonsalves (3rd years).
2018: Department of Trade and Industry Furniture Design Competition Marilize Smit won 1st place and Nokuzola Kwaza 3rd place.
2016: Potchefstroom Academy is proud of our 5 Interior Design and Decorating students who were chosen as top ten finalists in the Plascon 2016 Colour Design Awards.
2016: Elizabeth Lourencia Cilliers – finalist for DTI Furniture competition, with official 2nd overall place awarded at Decorex Durban 2017.
2015: Two Interior Design and Decorating students were chosen as top ten finalists in the Plascon 2015 Colour Design Awards.
2014: Interior Design student selected as top ten finalist of the Caesarstone Student Designer Competition.
2013: Logan Husselmann’s – Description for Caesarstone Project was judged on the 15th of August 2012. One of the top 9 students in the competition.
2012: Department Interior Design and Decorating had two finalists in the top 10, of the PG Bison 1.618 Competition in 2012: Lorika Maartins and Anneli Barnard (3rd years). This competition recognises the future interior and industrial designers, architects and key decision-makers in South African construction industry.
2012: James Virtue received a recommendation for his work done in the annual AUTODESK AutoCAD /Revit Competition.
2011: Lorika Maartins received 3rd place in the PG Bison 1.618 Competition.
- 2019: EOHCB National Championships Bridal Category Melissa Gloy 1st place (Hairtrends) and Jani Barnes 2nd place (SAAHST). Stage/Fantasy Makeup: Melissa Gloy (Hairtrends) 1st place, Leonie Wehrmeyer (Hairtrends) 2nd place.
- 2018: Our talented students and staff entered the 2018 EOHCB Gauteng Hairdressing and Beauty Championships and won 2nd place and 3rd place in Junior Gents Cut & Style; 3rd place in Junior Ladies Cut & Style; 3rd place in Open Bridal: 3rd place and 2nd place in Glamour Makeup.
- 2018: Alumni Hairdressing student Monia Jansen van Vuuren won the Regional Hairstylist competition in the Wellington region.
- 2016: Hairdressing student won 5th place in the Wahl Clippers Ladies Fashion Cut category at the recent EOHCB (Employers Organisation for Hairdressing, Cosmetology and Beauty) National Hairdressing Championships
- 2015: Hairdressing students received 3rd place for Fashion Cut and Gents Colour and Fashion Cut and Ladies Colour.
- 2014: Numerous students achieved top 10 in the category they entered in the EOHCB Annual Hair Competition. One of the students received 2nd place for Ladies Consumer Fashion Day Style.
- 2019 CIDESCO Beauty pass rate of 98%.
- 2019 CIDESCO SPA pass rate of 100%.
- 2019 All students who went for interviews to work on the Steiner Cruise liners six (6) of them are currently on the liners working.
- All students who went for interviews to work on the Steiner Cruise liners have passed for the last 10 years.
- 2014: Alumni Somatology student Marian Nelson wins Therapist of the Year award at the recent 2014 Professional Beauty Awards.
- 2013: Department Health, Skincare and Somatology had a 100% pass rate in the CIDESCO Spa examination.
- 2013: SAAHSP 99% pass rate.
- 2013: CIDESCO Beauty Practical exam – 100% pass rate.
- 2013: CIDESCO Beauty Practical exam – 100% pass rate.