This 1-year qualification is ideal for anyone who wants to become an entrepreneur. It is intended for individuals who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to a medium business venture.
Learners will be equipped with a variety of technical, business, managerial, personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. Successful learners will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
Recipients of this qualification will be able to:
• Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
• Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
• Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
• Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
Entrepreneurship, business planning, business finance, business development, business management, negotiation skills, human resource legislation, team building, computer skills, effective tendering to name but a few.