DEPARTMENT PHOTOGRAPHY PERSONNEL
- 2007: Anine Wallace received a Bronze Award in the Fujifilm Professional Award
- 2007: Anine Wallace was a Portfolio Exhibitor and received a Certificate of Achievement from PIEA International Student Teacher Photo Exhibition and Competition
- 2008: Anine Wallace received two Silver and one Bronze Awards from the PPSA’s Profoto Award
- Anine Wallace: Pix Magazine, Succeed Magazine, Essential Publications (Chamber of Mines, Namibia, City of Cape Town, Eskom, Plastics Federation, Seakay, Energy, Dawn, Legacy), Finesse Plus, Design Magazine and Design Living
- Wesley Wallace: Imvelo and Sedibeng Water
DEPARTMENT SAAHST PERSONNEL
- 2012: Rita Marais serves on the Committee of the North West Employer’s organisation for Hairdressing, Cosmetology and Beauty (EOHCB).
- 2012: Nelson Mothupi – EOHCB annual hair competition: 2nd Place in category: Afro Ladies hairdressing.
- 2010: SAAHST Cosmetology City & Guilds International Exam had 100% pass rate with one candidate receiving a merit: Catherine van Rooyen, received the International Professional Standards Network Certificate (IPSN), awarded by Services SETA to those in the hairdressing industry who hold the National Trade Test Certificate.
- 2010: Catherine van Rooyen also received the Certificate European Level B. These qualifications are recognized in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
DEPARTMENT INTERIOR PERSONNEL
2017: 12 IZITULO Design Challenge hosted by Leon at CCXIX, in conjunction with St Leger & Viney: Elri Bekker & Marisa Coetzer both participated in this competition. Elri Bekker is a finalist, and currently in the process of working with the Manufacturers on some minor design changes for production purposes. Await final competition results.
2013: Prof John Botha was invited to present a paper at the fourth Asian Conference on Arts and Humanities held in Osaka, Japan
DEPARTMENT INTERIOR STUDENTS
2016: Elizabeth Lourencia Cilliers – finalist for DTI Furniture competition, with official 2nd overall place awarded at Decorex Durban 2017.
2013: Logan Husselmann’s – Description for Caesarstone Project was judged on the 15th of August 2012. One of the top 9 students in the competition.
2012: Department Interior Design and Decorating had two finalists in the Top Ten, of the PG Bison 1.618 Competition in 2012: Lorika Maartins and Anneli Barnard (3rd years). This competition recognises the future interior and industrial designers, architects and key decision makers in South African construction industry.
2012: James Vertue received a recommendation for his work done in the annual AUTODESK AutoCAD /Revit Competition.
2011: Lorika Maartins received 3rd place in the PG Bison 1.618 Competition.
DEPARTMENT HEALTH AND SKINCARE AND SOMATOLOGY STUDENTS
All students who went for interviews to work on the Steiner Cruise liners have passed for the last 10 years.
– 2013: Department Health, Skincare and Somatology had a 100% pass rate in the CIDESCO Spa examination.
– 2013: SAAHSP 99% pass rate.
– 2013: CIDESCO Beauty Practical exam – 100% pass rate.