TECHNICAL FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF Level 5) – 2 years via correspondence.
This qualification prepares you for a career in financial accounting. This qualification provides you a strong foundation in completing a full set of accounts for a financial year; support management in finance and accounting; become a SAIT (The South African Institute of Tax Professionals) tax practitioner (once the student meets their requirements); know the ins and outs of accounting, taxation (individuals and companies), auditing and business law.
Recipients of this qualification will be able to:
- Understand Cash Flows cost and management accounts
- Calculation of costings and drawing up budgets
- Understand and execute the financial controls required to run a business
- Monthly bookkeeping to trial balance (manual and computerised)
- Disclose profit and financial position
- Reconcile suppliers
- Calculate PAYE/UIF/SDL
- Calculate payroll tax and other deductions
- Complete EMP201, EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and VAT returns
- Asset disposal
- Year-end adjustments
- Comply with International Financial Reporting Standards for SMEs
- Analysis of financial statements
- Understand cash flow
- Work with basic cost and management accounts
- Prepare manufacturing accounts
- Costing and budgeting
- Complete a full set of accounts for a financial year
- Become a SAIT tax practitioner (once you meet their requirements)
- Know the ins and outs of accounting taxation (individuals and companies), auditing and business law
The correspondence programme is designed in such a manner that student assistance from lecturers on campus is readily available via e-mail, telephonically or via online portal. It is imperative that the learner has access to a computer and internet.
Technical financial accountant, financial manager, financial services manager, accounting technician and tax technician.
Bookkeeping to Trial Balance, Payroll and Monthly Sars Returns, Computerised Bookkeeping, Business Literacy, Financial Statements, Cost and Management Accounting, Financial Statements and Business Law and Accounting Control.